Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


How can I change employers?

To change employers, and if you have a LMIA-exempt work permit, your employer must give you the offer of employment number they received when they submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal.

​You must also apply to change the conditions of your work permit. Before you apply, your future employer must complete certain steps, depending on whether or not you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment. If you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Your employer must give you: a new job offer letter, a new LMIA number, and a new contract signed by you and your future employer. Note: If you work in Quebec, you will also need a new Certificat d’acceptation du Québec.