Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


How much work experience do I need to apply under the Canadian Experience Class?

You must have earned at least one year of full-time skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time) in Canada within the three years before Citizenship and Immigration Canada receives your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. Your skilled work experience does not have to be continuous but it must total one year of full-time work altogether. “Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.