Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


Do I need an eTA or a visitor visa?

Visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian Permanent Residents cannot apply for an eTA.