Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


How can you work in Canada after you graduate?

To work in Canada after you graduate, you may be able to apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).

The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through Express Entry. A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.

A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length.