Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is a one-time opportunity for international students who graduate from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions. If you are awaiting a decision on your CEC application and your post-graduation work permit is about to expire, you may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit. Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants whose work permits are about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their permanent residence application.