Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?

You must submit your application before your current permit expires. You will then be allowed to stay in Canada until a decision is made. You may continue to work under the same conditions and you will keep your current status until a decision is made. This status is referred to as implied status.