Back to Top skip to main content
Green and Spiegel - An Immigration Law Firm


My employer is moving to another province or territory. Do I need a new work permit or Labour Market Opinion?

If your employer is moving to a new province or territory, he or she must get a new Labour Market Opinion from Employment and Social Development Canada. Also, you must get a new work permit before you can work in the new location. Apply for a new work permit well before you move to the new location with your employer. Be sure to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires.