Elise Mercier is an Articling Student at Green and Spiegel LLP in Toronto. Elise assists clients in all areas of Canadian immigration, including corporate and personal immigration matters. Elise can assist clients with temporary applications such as work permit applications and study permit applications, as well as applications for permanent residency and citizenship.
Elise recently graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School. During law school, Elise worked as a case worker in a number of organizations, including Parkdale Community Legal Services, the Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic, the Refugee Sponsorship Support Program, and the Family Law Project. Elise was also a student intern at Avocats Sans Frontières Canada, and worked and volunteered as a research assistant in the areas of immigration law, refugee law and human trafficking law.
Prior to joining Green and Spiegel, Elise studied International History at Carleton University and volunteered for Frontier College and Oxfam Canada.
- B.A. (Hons.), Carleton University, 2012
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2017
Additional Languages Spoken
- Oxfam Canada, Volunteer Receptionist, 2011-2012
- Frontier College, ESL Tutor, 2013-2014
- Community Legal Aid Services Program, Intake Worker and Caseworker, 2014-2015
- Parkdale Community Legal Services, Student Caseworker and Commissioning Clinic Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Student Caseworker in the Family Law Project, 2016
- Refugee Sponsorship Support Program, Student Caseworker, 2016
- Avocats Sans Frontières Canada (Lawyers Without Borders Canada), Legal Intern, 2016
- Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic, Student Intake Worker, 2016-2017
- The Charles Edward Woodrow Award for Academic Excellence, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2015
- The Ian Scott Public Interest Internship Award, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- Criminal Procedure Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2017
Media and Presentations